Saturday, April 29, 2006

Tip

Took some friends out to dinner yesterday.

(I didn't know that's what I was doing; but it turns out I'd missed one of their birthdays and the other one had been on TV a few times in the last few weeks - "um... I knew that, that's why dinner's my treat...")

It was a really nice restaurant and we hadn't seen each other (sober) for ages, so we placed our order & were chatting away... About 15 minutes later, the manager came over and apologised that their new waiter had taken our order but forgotten to tell anyone.

Huh?

What did he think he was supposed to do after he wrote down a list of food that we would like to eat that evening. Maybe he put the bits of paper in his locker to perhaps later create an art installation? Or maybe he was going to put it on his blog:
"Fernando's Supercool Blog
Today, I had 3 customers who wanted different meals! Good job I had my pad & paper or I would have NEveR remembered it all LOL!!!!!!!!111111"

Anyway, the manageress said we could have free dessert. Which was very nice of her, considering we hadn't noticed the food was taking a long time. And even if we had, we weren't going to kick up a fuss.

Our food arrived after only a few more minutes, and it was bloody gorgeous.
Then we rose to the challenge of three of their biggest desserts. Well, it's only polite...

(It's like when you go to a really good all-you-can-eat place when you're feeling hungry and have nothing else to do for the rest of the week. I usually make myself fall short of "All-I-Can-Eat" and settle with "All-I-Can-Eat-Without-Being-Sick-As-Soon-As-I-Stand-Up")


So I recommend that next time you eat out, go with the densest-looking waiter, wait for him to mess up and you might get a freebie.


A little tip for you there

(And no tip for Fernando)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home