Thursday, November 02, 2006

Moving Violations

I'm still moving house. There are now two properties in my name which are an absolute tip - I'm aiming to get them both tidy by the weekend... not sure if that's gonna happen as my old flat is literally thickly carpetted with papers that I need to deal with - revision notes, lyrics, newspapers, sheet music - sadly I have to fight the urge to shove the lot in a bin/bonfire as I need to keep a significant proportion of them.

A few days ago I hired a Ford Transit. It's huge in comparison to anything else I've ever driven (you could easily fit a bed in the back of it*) and really meaty to drive.

IT WAS SO COOL!!!

I even bought myself a big Yorkie and put a copy of The News Of The World on the dashboard. Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone to sit in the front with me pretending to be my pikey missus and kids.

I'm used to pootling around in my automatic Ford Focus (before you start, I buy automatics and after a couple of years I give them to my Mum & get myself another car).

It was sad having to give the beast van back. But at least I'm less paranoid about possibly crushing other vehicles now. I didn't have any accidents driving the van - but two cars hit mine today - both their fault but it's still suspicious...

Ho hum
Back to work
-S-

* I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell you Sarah's feelings on transit vans but I think you can guess...

2 Comments:

At November 03, 2006 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Yorkie Bar...? Way to prove your manliness Suman ;)

 
At November 03, 2006 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not suffering a bit of Fletcher-itis are you Suman? "The Beast"?

As opposed to Rollin's pedal car, I suppose...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home