Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Fine...

I went to see Adam's new Chelsea flat at the weekend - very nice.

I drove there - only to discover that parking outside his place is 4p/minute. Yes, it would've been cheaper to phone him. So I put £7.20 in small change into the machine - I'll leave you Americans to calculate it yourself... we Brits can't go around doing everything for you or you'll never learn - I displayed my ticket stub prominently on the dashboard and headed off into his.

A couple of hours of songwriting later, I went out to the car to find on the windscreen... a yellow & black sticker! The same colours as a wasp (for a reason...)

While I'd paid plenty of money (which was painful enough), I'd parked in a bay next to the Ticket Machine for the Pay & Display spaces... which had a sign halfway down the road saying Resident Permit Holders Only. Bastards

So the Parking Nazis kindly left me a fine for a hundred bloody quid.

Ironically, a Residents Parking Permit only costs £50.


Hmmm... what rhymes with "Traffic Warden" - I feel another angry song coming on...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, the new remastered version of the CD (with extra tracks, lyrics, etc) is available again from the main website.

(Don't ask why the price has gone up...)

2 Comments:

At June 01, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger prillopie said...

Awwww. That's so harsh!

 
At August 16, 2006 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, The Beatles did the song "Lovely Rita" ...
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home