Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Absence

OK, OK, so I haven't updated the blog for ages. I can explain.

Lots of little things have happened which maybe I could have posted... but you deserve better, so I held off until there was something worth waiting for.

The more I waited, the more interesting and entertaining my next post HAD to be.

And now it's spiralled out of control.


I suppose I could've followed on from the seagull thing I mentioned before (several of my colleagues have been attacked now; interestingly I've discovered that seagulls hover above their victims & produce a seven-"Caw" pattern to alert the rest of the group to a potential target. I don't generally hang around long enough to find out what happens next... having said that, one of the A&E nurses has gone missing...)

It's tempting to regale you with some of the hil-ar-ious things that my girlfriend says & does - such as one night while we were sleeping - I rolled over to give her a cuddle, she woke up violently screaming "Who the fuck are you!". This was followed by a rather embarrassed silence as we stared at each other... (thankfully she got it right - albeit on the third guess)

Perhaps an update on Adam's live shows: the London ones went very well. Tried out lots of our new songs and the audience loved them. Edinburgh tickets are selling fast (so if you want to go, you had better get a wiggle on, hadn't you?)

Maybe I could have shared with you some of my newly-learnt medical facts (eg we humans tend to breathe through only one nostril at a time, alternating which one every hour or so. Apparently.)

Or maybe I could have tugged at your very soul with my experiences in this fine doctoring profession; of dealing with both bringing new life into this world, but also trying to make life more comfortable for those who are reaching the end.


But no. I didn't post anything at all.
I'm a such a tease.


To compensate:














here's a picture I took on my phone. Just for you.


We're even now.

Next post in a day or two...
-Suman-

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 11:44 PM, Blogger Nurse Sandra May said...

Hmm...

Along the lines of natd123:

Why, the instant I sit sown on a train, weather Im tired or not, I fall asleep. I wake up at each stop. But promptly fall asleep again as soon as we move. This is becoming an issue for me.

And why is it, that the ONE TIME IN YOUR LIFE, you yawn really loudly (never done it before, never will again)...you get caught by your boss and warned. Formally.

Its just not fair.

 
At August 02, 2006 11:51 PM, Blogger Nurse Sandra May said...

I am also aware that I have wrongly spelt "whether" as "weather". God I'm an idiot today.

I blame it on my manky eye.

Agree with me. Its the correct answer.

ps. If ive just got that wrong again leave me alone. Im tired. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home