Sunday, November 05, 2006

Moving vile Asians

OK maybe that's too harsh a title for a post about my parents.

But man, it was Nag City this weekend.

I haven't finished moving into my new flat, but they came to visit anyway 'cos they were in town for a conference. So I had my work cut out, from making the flat presentable, to ferrying them & their friends around and trying to keep them fed & entertained.

But I survived with my sanity intact, just...

Culminated this morning in Mum & Dad wanting eggs for breakfast - there were none at 2 local petrol stations but I eventually found a supermarket, followed by another one which was actally open.
I bring home my hard-earned quarry - my parents then tell me off for eating eggs, which are unhealthy! I just can't win!

I also tried to teach them how to say "Cotswolds". We went via "coleslaw", "cold sore", "Cat's World", Costwell" and "cots swill" but they eventually got it.

Then they changed their mind and decided to visit somewhere else instead.


Nnnnrrrrrrggggaaaaaaarrrgh!

3 Comments:

At November 05, 2006 8:14 PM, Blogger Nurse Sandra May said...

My mum can't say the word "Korma".

How hard is it? Honestly!?

She STILL calls in "Koooooma".

And while we're at it, how hard is it to say the word "IBUPROFEN".

Its not that complicated is it?

 
At November 06, 2006 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worst one has to be PROSTRATE (aka prostate).

 
At November 07, 2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

The Coronary Care Unit is next to the HDU I work in. I have perfected the art of keeping a straight face to the wild connatations of coronary that people come up with

 

Post a Comment

<< Home