Saturday, August 26, 2006

Appropriate

A few days ago, I was on the Tube listening to my mp3 player.

(As in - I was making a journey by Tube and had my mp3 player with me - it's not like I wanted to listen to music and thought the best place to do it was on the Underground. That'd be dumb.)

I'd stuck on a load of tracks from my PC at random - rock, pop, metal, classical, etc - and it was on shuffle. As you might expecct, I skipped a lot of the tracks.

Anyway, as the train went straight through Regent's Park Station which was closed for repairs, the mp3 player started playing "This Train Don't Stop Here Anymore". Freaky.

Reminded me of the first time I anaesthetised someone:

The radio was playing "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight".

6 Comments:

At August 26, 2006 11:55 PM, Blogger Dr James Shorthouse said...

I believe we've played this game before: Stairway to Heaven...A Rush of Blood To The Head (inhalation agents not IV!!)...Alive & Kicking (always good for maternity).....Cocaine....

 
At August 27, 2006 8:39 AM, Blogger Nurse Sandra May said...

For some reason, I find that last post disturbing, upsetting even?

We used to play a game at work to pass the time. Top 10 best songs to be played at a.... wedding: (Don't marry her f**** me, I never really loved you anyway, I hate you so much right now, Roxanne)- Ok I think that's enough.

I was disappointed to learn, that the guy who started this game off at work played none of the songs from the list at his wedding recently. Spoil sport.

 
At August 27, 2006 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you obviously have some magical spell cast on you causing the songs you listen to to coincide with what is going on around you, if thats true you could earn millions, or it may just be a coincidence.

P.S this thing needs a spell check i can't spell

 
At August 28, 2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am an ODA and was working on agency at Guy's where they anaesthetise people in theatre, just as this really nervous bloke was about to get his Propofol, the radio started playing The Doors, This is the end, my friend the end, I had to briskly switch the radio off.
Labour Ward at St Marys thinks it funny to have Virgin Radio on during sections.

 
At August 29, 2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Suman said...

Indeed.

A good friend of mine switched station on his radio alarm 'cos he was sick of being woken up every day by having "Virgin" shouted at him...

 
At August 31, 2006 10:11 PM, Blogger Renal said...

You missed last years UH sketch by GKT, the old dead baby joke to the tune of...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home