Thursday, August 17, 2006

Holly (2)

I have never laughed so much.

Not from yesterday's lame pussy joke (snigger) - but because I finally got some more batteries for the laser pointer.

Holly's less than a year old, still a kitten, so she isn't allowed out 'cos she WILL get run over. On the few occasions that she's legged it out of the front door, she tends to run under cars. Thankfully they've been stationary so far but it makes me sick to think of what could happen if she tries to outwit a moving vehicle. To put it into perspective, she gets beaten up by Claire's hamster (again not a euphemism). Holly chases insects which aren't there. And she runs into the patio door. Often.

Anyway, laser pointer. Holly LOVES chasing the red dot. And I'm not exaggerating - she is so determined to catch it. She puts so much energy into it and doesn't give up. It's impressive how long she can chase it for. I can get her whizzing up & down the lounge for ages. Usually I have to stop first because I'm crying with laughter.

I'm not really teasing her. When I stop waving the pointer around, she nags me (well, my ankles) until the dot reappears so I know Holly enjoys dot-chasing. It's the only proper exercise she gets - she's allowed into the back garden (because she hasn't worked out how to climb the fence yet) but that's tiny.

Admittedly maybe I shouldn't be getting her to spin round in circles til she falls over...

4 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to be fair the pussy gag has to be done. i believe its the law.

i just sniggered at having to type ezqyms for crying out loud.

 
At August 18, 2006 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

try it on a polished floor

the frantic scrabbling and sliding is wonderful to behold

 
At August 18, 2006 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Volenteer with a local Youth group and we have (because we are attached to a larger organisation) access to a large presentation suite (projectors, full Audio-Visual Display equiptment et al).

Recently we found the remote control has a laser pointer.

The same chassing the dot effect works on under 16s (ok and the staff as well).

 
At August 18, 2006 9:52 PM, Blogger Dr James Shorthouse said...

How's the revision going? I met Sue Hill the other week - she sends her regards!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home