Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Berried Alive

With less than two weeks before the big anticlimax day, I think it's nice to see Christmas decorations wherever you go.

But I don't agree with shops that have continuously thrown Christmas at you since September.
Or those that force the staff to dress up (Anne Summers are making all their staff wear little red Santa dresses - they look rather good on the younger shop girls, but on the post-menopausal ladies... well, I felt sick...)

A hospital can be a miserable place and I reckon decorations can make it look a lot nicer (when done in moderation).

But why did some fuckwit think it would be a good idea to cover the Acute Medical Ward at my hospital with mistletoe? A room full of very sick people. Filled with poisonous berries?

There are suicidal patients recovering from drug overdoses there - you might as well hand them a Morrissey CD & some razor blades and say "Have you tried cutting lengthways?"

And anyway, why would you want to kiss ANYONE on that ward?!? *





* have you SEEN the nurses? ugh...

9 Comments:

At December 13, 2006 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because you don't fancy a 90 grannie on a ventiltor doesn't mean no one would. But I definitely agree with the suicidal and poisonous berries thing. I did a days work experience on a psychiatric ward where the paint was pealing off the ceiling.'Fancy some lead with your lithium? No, shame.'.

 
At December 14, 2006 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suman,

As a new blog reader I feel it only polite to say hello,

Hello :-)

I am loving the blog and it is keeping me very entertained whilst I am at work (I have tried working whilst at work but it's not as much fun).

Unfortunately the company I work for doesn't force us to wear red santa dresses... but that didn't stop me wearing one anyway!

I hope the nurses don’t read this blog or you may be a very unpopular man (or was that the plan to stop them trying to kiss you?)

XX

 
At December 14, 2006 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope the nurses and old saggy woman in santa dresses hunt you down and snog you to death, that would teach you.

 
At December 14, 2006 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or even worse - old saggy nurses in AS santa outfits!

 
At December 14, 2006 8:43 PM, Blogger hallsresident said...

Ok the bit about Morrissey etc, yeah I think a little bit of wee may have come out!!

Yes or like the SHO who sent a patient to theatres to have a cystoscopy, but sent them on foot, as a student I didn't see the issue until someone pointed out the small issue of recovery, whoops. NB: recovery is very nicely done up with some lovely decorations!

 
At December 15, 2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Red said...

Perhaps the mistletoe is there to encourage infectious patients to snog so that lots of them drop off, leaving a lighter workload for Christmas.

 
At December 15, 2006 3:53 PM, Blogger Dr James Shorthouse said...

Seer. Well done on MCQ result. Please try and nail the phys/Pharm viva for all our sakes!! Catch up with you soon

 
At December 15, 2006 11:53 PM, Blogger littleangelrachel said...

poison berries and cutting lengthways....i must remember that for next time ;)

 
At December 16, 2006 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all festive cheer then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home