Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Magical Journey (by Suman aged 28 ¾)

The Story:

Once upon a time there was a shoe called Righty. His best friend was Lefty and they went everywhere together. One evening, after dark, they went out to a place with sounds and bright lights and they danced and had a great time.

When they were tired from dancing, they went into a quiet room and had a rest under a table. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a magical door appeared next to Righty and a wizard popped his head through.

"Hallo Righty!" said the wizard. He had white hair and a long white beard, and he was wearing purple robes and a pointy hat, and they were covered in lots of twinkly stars.

"How did you know my name?" said Righty, who was very surprised to see him.

"It's Magic!" replied the wizard, with a grin. "Would you like to come on an adventure with me?"

"Wow!" said Righty. He had always wanted to go on an adventure! Usually he and Lefty went round & round the same places every day until they back home to sleep.

"Can Lefty come with me?" he asked. Lefty was having a little snooze and didn't know the wizard was there.

"No" said the wizard "Only one of you can come with me on this adventure, otherwise it's too dangerous."

"Why?" asked Righty. "Where will we go?"

"We are going to see dragons and mountains and magical rivers and faraway places and lots of amazing things"" Righty was very excited. But he didn't want to leave Lefty. He always felt safe when they were together. He had never been anywhere on his own.

"I am a wizard". Said the wizard. "You can trust me. Look!" And he opened the door. Behind the wizard, Righty could see a magical land with mountains and streams, and orange and purple skies and fluffy pink clouds.

The wizard waved his magic wand and a flying carpet appeared out of thin air!

"We don't even have to walk" said the wizard, "we can fly everywhere. Do come with me Righty, I would like to have a friend with me."

Righty was proud that the wizard called him his friend. "OK" he said, "but I have to tell Lefty."

"There is no time" said the wizard, "but after our adventure I will bring you back here and you can tell Lefty all about it."

Righty wasn't sure. But he looked at the wizard and could tell that he could trust him.

So he hopped through the door and joined the wizard on the magic carpet.

And what an amazing adventure they had!


- - - THE END - - -


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reality:

I went to a club on Friday night. Sat down on a sofa in the chillout room, took my shoes off and put them under the little table in front of me. Half an hour later, I notice one of them's missing. I assume it's been kicked away by accident.
So I look everywhere, under the sofas, other rooms, ask the club staff, even looked in the street outside the club & rang back the next day - nothing.

I ended up with a cold, soaking wet right foot by the time I got home.

All because some cunt nicked my shoe.
For a laugh.


I hope Righty's gone to a better place. I'll miss you...

18 Comments:

At December 17, 2006 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor righty, and poor you ='( life wont be the same without it

 
At December 18, 2006 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Face it god hates you, no other possible explaination;}

 
At December 18, 2006 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what exactly had you nicked from the drug cupboard when you wrote that story?!

 
At December 18, 2006 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet that magical world is full of odd socks too

 
At December 18, 2006 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who in their right mind takes their shoes off in a club?!

 
At December 19, 2006 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said the same thing anon #3!

Ha.

 
At December 19, 2006 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happened to my theatre shoes, wouldn't have minded the pair going off on adventure but one on its own was very distressing

 
At December 20, 2006 1:14 AM, Blogger Rosey said...

I love the wee bit at the top, pointing out your age (including the 3/4 bit!)

 
At December 20, 2006 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is better than adam's

 
At December 20, 2006 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone's blog is better than Adams

 
At December 20, 2006 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats so so so true, does adam even write in his blog once every year these days?

 
At December 20, 2006 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Adam has something better to do...

 
At December 20, 2006 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a little bit like 'My magical birthday', doncha think? Worst present i ever received, bro... Hope the christmas pressie is slightly better

 
At December 20, 2006 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Adam is writing another song? (Who writes your songs?).

Just listening to the 2nd half of "Disney Time" - Great! How did you come up with these lyrics?

 
At December 20, 2006 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah- even my blog is better than Adams.

And thats saying something.

:P

 
At December 22, 2006 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How did you come up with these lyrics?"

Obviously not by regularly updating blogs or filtering spam comments, if adam writes the lyrics. I'll check my CD, but i don't think it specifies which of them writes.

 
At December 23, 2006 9:47 AM, Blogger Suman said...

Cheers for the sympathy guys. (It was just a fucking shoe though..!)


We both sing the songs (the voices are different on each track Einstein!)
We both write the lyrics (and we're both writing more all the time) - it's a gift both of us have. And you don't.

And as for the blogs, I remind Adam about his but he doesn't do anything - so I'll just keep on updating mine.
Deal?

-------------------------------------------
commenter 15 - you punctuate better but that's about it actually...

brother - M&D bought you that book & you read it - you were only four anyway so get over it.
This year I ordered you the present from the States that you begged me for. Not my fault you changed your mind, is it?

milkman - 2 pints today please.

 
At March 13, 2007 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

use this one for the blog book

 

Post a Comment

<< Home