Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hey Jude

Not a post about the Beatles - although I did see the Bootleg Beatles in concert a few weeks ago. They looked and sounded excellent, they even had Beatles-style banter; I think I laughed a bit too loud when they said "Please turn off your mobile phones... because they haven't been invented yet."

They were much better than the tribute band I was in at school.
This is for several reasons:
- we were called The Beatlets,
- we didn't have any guitars,
- there were only three of us (with one, Indian, singer).
Nevertheless, we still played in Assembly once or twice a term for almost two years!
God knows how I got away with not being bullied more...


Anyway I'm posting really because I'm worried about a friend of mine, who shall remain semi-nameless...

She says she doesn't really read my blog, yet she knows everything on it.
She doesn't have anything to say about it, but often she passes on comments from her friend "Jude".

"Jude" seems to be a big fan and appears to like the blog a lot. Every time I see my friend, "Jude" has said something to her about the most recent post. My friend even made me give her my autograph so that she could "give it to Jude as a present".


Now, I've never met this "Jude" - neither has anyone else I know.

My concern is: is "Jude" real?

Or should I arrange for my friend to receive a visit from the... er... doctors who work in the special building...?


...then we can start to make her better...

12 Comments:

At March 29, 2007 11:13 AM, Blogger rj said...

To be fair, she's probably clocked if shes read your last post.

And if not... name and shame

 
At March 29, 2007 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you never know with the female specie... so emotional.

dont go there mate!

 
At March 29, 2007 4:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I suspect she may not be real.

But tread carefully, don't go bursting anyone's balloons.

 
At March 29, 2007 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't the Jude we know and love I assume.

BTW where were you at the march ???

 
At March 30, 2007 12:13 PM, Blogger Suman said...

Hey "Grandma" - no, not our Jude (although I may talk about her at a later date...)
I was on-call so couldn't make the march - how was it?

 
At March 31, 2007 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

special hospital time....definetly special hospital time.....might book my own bed now....

 
At April 01, 2007 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh i'm real!

 
At April 01, 2007 6:12 PM, Blogger Rob said...

wow. imaginary people. i had trouble with someone like that once...

 
At April 01, 2007 6:27 PM, Blogger The Angry Medic said...

Send her to the Psych ward, you must. Mmm. Worked for me when heard Qui-Gon's ghost, I did. Now sleep peacefully at night, I can.

Ooh, 6pm it is! Take my Valium again, I must. Hohoheeheehaha.

*hits you with walking stick*

More likely excuses for not attending the march, I have heard in my lifetime.

 
At April 08, 2007 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that Jude who commented on April 1st, she was just an April Fool. I am the real Jude.

Sorry I have been quite late to add my comment, but have been working at trying to secure a job for August. Those forms are even more unfair when my only qualification is that I actually am a First Rank Symptom.

I am writing in support of your post, get that girl Gemma (no, not that Gemma, Gemma N) to the Special Doctors as soon as possible. I have been telling her to go for years now, but she never takes any notice of any of the voices inside her head.

Oh, and thanks for the autograph.

 
At April 09, 2007 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think that I am stalking you? Are you sure you know what stalking is?

 
At April 23, 2007 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once its not me- yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home