Saturday, May 12, 2007

Not Cool

This is the UK, the greatest nation in the world. It's 2007. We have pioneering technology everywhere in our lives, and are living a luxury compared to how things were a decade or two ago, for goodness sake. And yet...

Actually no, I won't rant. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not a big deal.

I just want an ice cream. On a stick.

A Funny Foot.

Apparently, Wall's has relaunched them (I didn't know they'd stopped making them). But I can't find one anywhere. In any supermarket or newsagent. And believe me, I've looked every time I've been in one for the last few months.

So where can I get me a Funny Foot? Hmm? Anybody?

Or for that matter, a Toffee Crumble..

...which has to be THE best choc/nut/biscuit-coated ice-cream-with-a-toffee-centre on a stick in this or any other universe.
I hadn't seen one since I was little, so when I found some last year in a corner shop in Birmingham last year I bought them all - and finished them off within a few hours (but there were less than a dozen to begin with, so it's allowed). Mmm...

10 Comments:

At May 13, 2007 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it turns out we're the joint 22nd greatest nation on Earth. Along with France.

 
At May 13, 2007 9:18 AM, Blogger MuppetMan said...

Who said we're the same as the French, and when can the bombers be there?

 
At May 13, 2007 9:21 AM, Blogger MuppetMan said...

0800 731 1507 - Walls Customer Care...

"I demand to know the names and addresses of every retail outlet within 300 miles of Brum that has taken delivery of your quite delicious funny feet..."

Go for it Suman...

 
At May 13, 2007 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they'll probably put to on hold, drive you insane with a really bad polyphonic version of Greensleeves, and then after 5 minutes tell you you're 30th in line...

 
At May 13, 2007 2:32 PM, Blogger Suman said...

Wall's Customer Care is closed at the weekend.

Interestingly, they give advice on what to do in an emergency regarding one of their products (call GP/A&E/NHS Direct).

I assume they don't mean if you want an ice cream in a hurry...

 
At May 13, 2007 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ice cream van?

 
At May 14, 2007 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Click Me

Here ya' go Suman.

 
At May 15, 2007 7:47 AM, Blogger MuppetMan said...

One can only conclude then that in so far as your craving, the customer care line doesn't actually, well, care...

 
At May 15, 2007 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you like Flakes too?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6658691.stm

 
At May 15, 2007 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add .stm to the end of that last link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home