Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cardiac Arrest

I have a fairly middle-aged car, normally fit & well.

I've always put the right stuff into the tank, taken it for regular check-ups, never over-exerted it...

Recently I've noticed it sounding a little tired going up hills.

And since the start of the week, the engine fans have started puffing on minimal effort.

Then yesterday the dash lights all came on down one side.
It wasn't relieved by stopping the car.

It's never smoked. Drinks only unleaded.


I took the poor thing to the garage and the nice doctor man diagnosed a circulation problem.


I think my car's had a heart attack.


They kept it in overnight.
Might need a thermostat transplant.

I'm so worried. (sniff) I love my car. It's the only one I've got...

6 Comments:

At May 05, 2007 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww there there, dont cry! everything will be okay, i'm here.

(this obviously wont make anything feel better at all! but as the cliché goes, you've got to say it!)

xxx

PS. hope the guy doesnt charge you twice the amount, because he realises you're erm... what's the word? ahhh yes, 'famous'

 
At May 05, 2007 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. It's a sad day when a car goes for an op.

Mine was in 3 times in March and I got very stroppy indeed. There is no PALS at Bristol Street Motors, though. Meh.

Hope yours is ok.

Claire
xx

 
At May 08, 2007 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my thoughts are with you at this terrible time...I have an even scarier thought though - I have my driving test in a few weeks - another student on the road! Now that is scary!

 
At May 08, 2007 4:39 PM, Blogger MuppetMan said...

If that's Bristol Street motors of Birmingham, you have my sympathy...

 
At May 08, 2007 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine goes for its yearly checkup..I mean MOT next week - I'm nervous to say the least! Somebody hold me!

 
At May 12, 2007 7:37 PM, Blogger prillopie said...

HAHA. Aw man. That was classic. Love it. I hope your car is recovering well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home