Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Together

It's gonna be an odd weekend.

One of my best friends is getting married.

It's his stag-do today (my first ever proper stag-do) - so of course, we are going to destroy him. Then it's the wedding tomorrow!

They're holding it in the arse-end of nowhere (fiancee's home village) so I'm guaranteed to get lost between the venue, the pub, my hotel, etc...

Bit stressed because he wants me to play at the reception tomorrow.

I want to do nice songs... but I they're boring - I've given up on the Baywatch theme and now learning some Kaiser Chiefs, The Feeling, The Turtles (60s band, not Teenage Mutant variety)...

And of course, I have been asked to do some of the medical/comedy ones. A wedding. Yikes...

Plus he has a bearded chemistry teacher as a best man.

There is a high likelihood of disaster.


Tch - what am I worried about, what could possibly go wrong...?

5 Comments:

At June 29, 2007 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun! and good luck!

 
At June 29, 2007 4:02 PM, Blogger Dr Joey said...

don't be too hard on him tonight suman, he's got to stand up in front of everyone tomorrow for what should be the best day of his life, it would suck to do it hungover!

don't know why people don't have stag do's a week in advance...

 
At June 30, 2007 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, what could go wrong....

assume that everything bad, no matter how small or unlikely that could go wrong, will go wrong and from there everything is a plus! even when the church sets on fire from a faulty candle/vicar! at least you didnt all get attacked by violent grannies.

i wonder about my mind sometimes.


good luck and have fun!

 
At June 30, 2007 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish him well from me!

Presumably it is who I think it is!

 
At July 03, 2007 1:25 PM, Blogger MuppetMan said...

I was the best man for a wedding in Northumberland last weekend.

Enjoy yourself = weddings are great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home