Saturday, February 02, 2008

Piss up in a...

Went for birthday drinks last night - I'd contacted loads of friends saying to meet from 7pm at a particular bar that I'd liked when I went there a few weeks ago.

Despite some problems with the buses (no, I'm not going to write a song about it), luckily I was the first to arrive. Unluckily, the bar had closed down since I was last there.

(Actually, when I rang them to check if they were definitely open, the phone wouldn't connect - in retrospect, I could've taken this nugget of information a bit more seriously...)

The frustrating this is that this has happened to me before on my birthday a few years ago. You'd think I'd have learnt...

But there was a good place a few doors down so we went there. And ended up in a club with light up dance floors playing old-school cheese. I have an old-school hangover to match. Perfect.


It's my actual birthday tomorrow & we're going to my local pub for lunch.

Funnily enough, they're not picking up their phone either... but that's just cos pubs don't open in the morning, right...?

14 Comments:

At February 02, 2008 4:54 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Happy Birthday from one of your blog lurkers

 
At February 02, 2008 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and from another one! :-)
Happy Birthday!

Greetings from a German fan!

 
At February 03, 2008 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 50th birthday.

 
At February 03, 2008 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Su(per)man.

 
At February 03, 2008 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday from a fellow Aquarian. Great band, great blog, nuff said.

 
At February 03, 2008 9:06 AM, Blogger MuppetMan said...

Suman's birthday? Does this mean I get a day off work?

Martin

 
At February 03, 2008 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch zum Geburtstag!

 
At February 03, 2008 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
From Poland, so:
Wszystkiego najlepszego :-)

Julia

 
At February 03, 2008 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happeeeeee burpday :)

 
At February 03, 2008 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Birthdaymas

 
At February 03, 2008 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday from me and my mum!
is it your 3oth? hope you had a lovely day xx

 
At February 03, 2008 9:44 PM, Blogger rj said...

Forgot to ask Suman, Will there be pancakes on Tuesday?

 
At February 03, 2008 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

Hope the pub is still there!

I think that Su(per)man comment is genius :D

 
At February 05, 2008 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, hope you had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home