Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Claus-trophobia

This morning, after opening the presents that Santa brought, we held an impromptu auction - my bro, my Dad & I ended up with several presents intended for one another.

Then there was a large "Rejected" pile in the middle of the room, including all the books Mum bought for my brother (I told you!) and most of the clothes they bought us (I explained years ago that I wasn't going to "grow into" clothes any more but Mum remains optimistic...)

Don't get me wrong, we are grateful. It's just that we accepted years ago that we're rubbish at buying things for each other.

We take a gamble on the presents we choose for one another, and if/when we get it wrong, we take the receipts and go shopping for the stuff we like - almost like a lottery ticket and gift certificate rolled into one.


Here's a song called Christmas In Africa.



Hope you're having fun
(although there's probably a reason you're online at this time...)
-S-

7 Comments:

At December 26, 2007 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you end up getting your brother for Christmas? Hope you got the Christmas vibes I sent you! L

 
At December 26, 2007 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah..oops...forgot the "Merry" it that message.

 
At December 26, 2007 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

showed the vid to my sister, she said they got it wrong, should have been acapulco. i mocked her like the mocking bird would have. (though how that is im not sure)

...

i have new socks. yay?

Tally ho!

 
At December 27, 2007 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooohhhh! I just checked my mailbox and found an Amateur Transplants DVD in there! Happy Christmas me!! Icing on this Christmas cake would be a signed insert...wonder what the chances of that happening would be?? Santa Suman?
L

 
At December 28, 2007 12:49 PM, Blogger Suman said...

How do you suggest I send something to you...?
My magic skills aren't what they used to be...

Anyway, what's in it for me? ;o)
-S-

PS Thanks for the Xmas vibes... not sure they worked though, it was busy enough at work!

 
At December 28, 2007 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...let’s see...options for sending me above mentioned goodies...

1) Publish your address on your blog – I mail insert I already have – you sign and return to sender. I’m sure no one else a) will do the same, b) has thought of this before, or c) will be waiting at your doorstep when you get home!

2) I publish my address on your blog.
Fat chance - I don’t even publish my name!

3) Email me on: thisis_not_myrealaddress@hotmail.com ...of course, I will need proof it’s you.

And what would be in it for you?
Hmmmm...my respect? admiration? A warm fuzzy feeling on the inside knowing you made someone smile? Or an intriguing belated Christmas gift...can’t give details as it would spoil the surprise!
Alternatively..what did you have in mind?

L

 
At December 28, 2007 6:21 PM, Blogger rj said...

I have a better way of getting a signature... do another gig!!
Then we can stand outside like creepy crazy stalkers after a signature- probably giving us the opportunity to buy you a pint Suman?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home