Saturday, November 10, 2007

Unaccostumed As I Am...

You bunch of sickos!

Thank you for the wonderful (and frankly, disturbing) suggestions some of you made for the Bad Taste fancy dress costumes. The one that made me laugh the most was the one involving Tic-Tacs...

I ended up wearing a pair of theatre scrubs, a handmade badge saying "GINOKOLOJIST" and... um... a prosthesis. As a costume it worked. (Before you say it, no, I was not dressing as anyone in particular).

Other guests at the party included Princess Di (with scars), Mr deMenezezezezez (with wounds) and a fetus. I felt sorry for the people who didn't come in fancy dress - how silly did you look...? Ha ha!

It was all a good laugh except:
- someone else took over DJing from me (surely Chesney Hawkes, Dr Alban & Britney are what you want at a BadTaste party)
- someone put olive oil in the punch
- I fell asleep on the sofa and missed half the party.

Luckily I was not abused in any fashion while I slept...
At least I think I wasn't...

8 Comments:

At November 10, 2007 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, Well I'm glad you had... fun... :D

 
At November 11, 2007 12:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that the prosthesis stayed in one piece. Ahem.

 
At November 13, 2007 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG you are hilarious. Someone just sent me your youtube performance and being a theatre nurse in Australia myself I was in hysterics. Well done. have to add you to my list of blogs to read. Thanks for the giggle

 
At November 15, 2007 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got the DVD last week. Very funny. No longer feel guilty about copying the sound track from the utube clips. Was surprised that didn't get charged extra for postage to nz though.

Played the anaesthetist hymne at CME meeting before talk on stents. Reaction completely devided to seniourity. Regs, SHO and consultants who have never used halothane thought it was extremely funny. Those of the halothane and earlier vintage were not amused.
Ortho and surg reg's now accusing us of being subversive all the time.

Thought about training in nz/au? You'd get first year accreddited for time served in uk, have to repeat Part I then do three years and could return to uk for previsional fellow year. ie You'd be back in UK after 3 years and a consultant in 4...


Damos

 
At November 16, 2007 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny songs guys. Having a shit day at work and was put onto your website by a mate at work. Am a 'gynokologist' and do high risk pregnancy stuff (that's the technical term) and 'your baby' hit the spot! By the way you'll pleased to know the Aussie health system aint that different to the NHS.

 
At November 16, 2007 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4&feature=related

 
At November 19, 2007 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not suggesting ausie or nz system any better.

On the dvd they mentioned they hadn't been matched in the new training scheme and I was mentioning you could always train overseas and return (if you wanted to)

Damos

 
At November 26, 2007 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no gigantic happy face, then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home