Saturday, November 03, 2007

Fancy

I'm several posts behind, but that's OK because I haven't got my internet working in my new flat. So you forgive me.

Went to a Hallowe'en party last week. I went to the fancy dress shop to find werewolf stuff (cos I hadn't shaved for a while, and anyway, it's really hard to look like the undead, vampire, zombie pirate, etc when you've got a tan like mine).

Werewolf costumes came in two categories:
1) Shit - totally crap, unconvincing, bit of felt stuck to the jaw. No fun there.
2) Werewolfoplasty - amazing full body transformation into a proper armed psycho-werewolf. But fucking expensive, especially for just one evening.

Luckily (actually, last time this happened I ended up travelling to Africa for a month) there was a really enthusiastic (OK, and cute) shop assistant. Much banter.

I leave the shop with devil horns and enough red body make-up to paint an elephant.

So I go to the party as the devil.

Lots of fun, particularly going up to strangers who've had far too much to drink and telling them that they're "on my list".

But after a while the make up runs a bit in the heat.

You can identify anyone I'd kissed on the cheek by the red stain.

And when I got up the next morning, there were traces of red make-up on the taps, sink, light switches, walls. And I was moving out in a few hours. Bugger.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to a Bad Taste Party this evening.


The hostess is going as Maddy.

I was considering going as the hostess's ex, and harassing her all evening. I think the joke would wear thin pretty quickly tho. And I don't want to go as a knobhead.

My physiotherapist friend is refusing to lend me her jumper (so I can cover the "THE" in PHYSIOTHERAPIST)


I've got one idea, but can you suggest anything else? Preferably easy...

12 Comments:

At November 03, 2007 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could just go as yourself (joke!)

What about going as a suicide bomber- you could wear a rucksack and ask everyone "Does my bomb look big in this".

I can't believe i suggested that.

You could also go as a South African rubgy player...

 
At November 03, 2007 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what "Rubgy" is. Its probably a really good game tho.

 
At November 03, 2007 3:58 PM, Blogger Friz said...

It'd be better if you covered the 'the' out of 'psychotherapist'.

 
At November 04, 2007 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you say you have enough red paint to cover an elephant, i assume you still have some left (unless your photo is amazingly slimming). Therefore, I suggest you make good use of it, don't be wasteful - go as an abortion. I went out as a bloody tampon for halloween, great fun!

 
At November 04, 2007 10:35 AM, Blogger MuppetMan said...

An abortion? That's very poor taste.

Oh.

Martin

 
At November 04, 2007 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An abortion?

Jesus.

 
At November 04, 2007 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what did the blind, deaf and dumb kid get for christmas?

Cancer.

Not a great costume unless you have milky contact lenses, but still incredibly bad taste!

 
At November 04, 2007 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brazilian football shirt + use the red paint for gunshot wounds. Voila - Jean Charles de Menezes!

You're welcome.

 
At November 05, 2007 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wear pyjamas and carry around an empty beer bottle... you can be an arts student i.e. too lazy to actually do anything! Alternativly get dressed up as a skeleton and go as the remains of Maddie!

 
At November 05, 2007 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go as a victim of the mmc... bring all the souveneirs you would've collected from your extended period off work... oh, wait... you haven't actually been to work in 3 months, have ya? guess you can't pull off that or the art student one! good luck in the new job!!

 
At November 07, 2007 11:00 AM, Blogger Aureole said...

Sorry, the host is going as Maddie and you're worried your costume may be in bad taste?

Alternative suggestion: go as Kate McCann and keep slipping tictacs into anything she drinks.

 
At November 09, 2007 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tad late but me and my mate went to one in cardbord boxes we painted grey and got polystrine planes on string off the side..presto the twin towers, then no one thinks you're drunk when you keep falling down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home