Thursday, October 11, 2007

Home Sick

Start with positive things:
OK, I suppose it is nice to be back in the UK & see my family again & to not be at work for three more weeks.
But that's it for the positive...


I am so totally fed-up right now & it's only going to get worse.


It's frustrating enough to have to ring a call centre.

But to have to ring ALL of them? It'd drive you mad.

I'm in the process of moving house & I like to be organised (or at least to give it a go).
I'm trying to get things like broadband connection & council tax & utilities & everything else sorted out soon. But that's not going to happen, oh no.

Everyone's a bastard. It's all about long-term contracts & one-off fees & paperwork.

eg Orange won't provide broadband unless I upgrade my mobile account & already have a BT landline; but BT won't provide a landline unless I take out some kind of 12-month package with them; and they're saying it'll cost £125 just to reconnect because my stupid vanishing ex-tenant (without asking me) swapped the lines over to NTL(now defunct).

And repeat.
eg Council can't give me a parking permit until I have proof of address; can't have proof of address for 2 weeks because of postal strike & the time taken to send out new bills.

And it goes on & on & on.

Coupled with frustrating/upsetting personal issues, plus the fact that I don't even HAVE a new address (oh, did I forget to mention that, my new flat doesn't have any floors; just bare concrete all over - the workmen are working though (if you count sitting on your ass & smoking incessantly as "work"); and I also need to decide on the layout & colours of the kitchen & bathroom - I don't bloody know, I'm a bloke).

Gah! Grrrr! Nnnnng!

And of course there's packing, & moving house...

Studies show that moving house is the single most stressful thing you can experience besides death of a loved one.

Meh... s'pose I shouldn't grumble.
It could all be much worse.

6 Comments:

At October 11, 2007 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NTL's not entirely defunct, it's been taken over by Virgin. It might be worth looking into broadband and phoneline with them; it's the cheapest I've found. Good luck.

 
At October 11, 2007 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move, senor. If you need a hand, let me know. BTW, are you on your hotmail account?

 
At October 11, 2007 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you use your tenancy agreement as proof of address for the parking permit. That's what I've done in the past.

 
At October 11, 2007 10:34 PM, Blogger Suman said...

Good advice Jo, about Virgin for broadband etc - for less money than BT, they're offering better speeds plus TV.

(NB: I would advise turning safe search On before typing "Virgin" into Google Images...)

 
At October 12, 2007 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheer up mate

dont be so miserable

dont be wrecking my friday

 
At October 13, 2007 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, when looking for Virgin Media - a TV company, would anyone search virgin into an image search? You've got no-one to blame but yourself on that one!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home