Thursday, October 18, 2007

Minor Keys & Extra Notes

I like trouser pockets.
I always have a lot of stuff in mine.

But yesterday they were so full, I was limping - so I emptied them properly for the first time in weeks.

And I found:

- (only) 76p in change
- a biro from a medical rep
(for a drug that I will never use because the pen was rubbish)
- keys for my car & new flat
- keys for rented removal van
- keys for moving-out-of old flat
- keys for a friend's flat (in case I need somewhere to stay mid-move)
- keys for mum & dad's house (my copy)
- keys for mum's car, on her key-ring the size of a bracelet
(& her set of house keys)
- mobile phone (covered in scratches, no idea how they got there...)

- a small hole

- a tube of men's facial scrub
(bought earlier when getting hair cut, not a permanent pocket resident)

- pad of post-it notes covered in random guff, including
- email addresses
- numerous laughably outlandish, surreal or woefully inaccurate sketched designs for new flat
- a policewoman's phone number (not in a good way, sadly)
- list of people I must must ring before last week
(none of whom I have rung yet)
- lyrics to a song (...in Swahili)

- my wallet, containing:
- driving licence
- credit card, debit card, Oystercard, (Bodyshop card...)
- photos of two ex-gf's (now replaced with guitar plectrum*)
- photo of me with long hair
(often used to prove a point in pub conversations)
- $228 US dollars
- 50 Kenyan Shillings
- 1000 Tanzanian Shillings
- 10 South African Rand
- 1000 Mozambican Meticais
- 10 Swaziland Lilangeni
- 30 Euros
- £0.

- £11 of Blacks vouchers (worth more than all the African money put together... and only slightly less than the dollars at current exchange rate!)


So had I been mugged, they would've got a reasonable amount off me but would've needed a Bureau de Change before they could make any use of it.
Or else a camping shop.

And they could've got into 4 properties & 3 vehicles... so hooray for being lucky enough to not get mugged in London.


I ought to wash those trousers anyway...

* Real guitar plectrum obviously. Not a photo.

5 Comments:

At October 18, 2007 5:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm...even UK anaesthetists are obsessed with pens provided by drug companies...

-Somewhere in SEA-

 
At October 18, 2007 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whereever you get your dollars changed are ripping you off... or the $228 is a typo. That's just over £100 not £11!

I have 300 Indian Rupees and 15 UAE Dihrams in my wallet - not as impressive as your haul!

 
At October 19, 2007 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF you can replace your ex-gfs with a plectrum - you need to get out more

 
At October 20, 2007 11:53 AM, Blogger Suman said...

1) We obsess about pens because we get hardly any freebies from drug reps (unlike most other specialties).
(BTW what's SEA? Asia/Africa/America/Antarctica/Albania... etc)

2) I was saying that $228 isn't worth very much (certainly not as much as I paid for it 2 months ago).
It's called Sarcasm - google it.

3) You get a better sound using a proper plectrum than a passport photo of your ex.

 
At October 21, 2007 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You almost guessed it...
South East Asia.

Personally, over here, I think the non-antibiotic-branded pens are better, and anything from Fresenius Kabi. Yeah, I obsess about it too, it's even more important than a steth, a steth I can always steal from somewhere!


-Somewhere in SEA-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home