Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Fitness 4:Life

Well, I was expecting to write another post a few hours after my cycling spree (down AND uphill) saying that I was totally exhausted. That I'd got cramp in my fingers playing the piano that night, and got pain in muscles that I didn't even know I had.

But that didn't happen. The consequences of my foray into physical exercise are much worse.

I'm hungry.

For various reasons, for the last 3 months or so I've been off my food a bit.
Not starving, just not eating 3 meals a day when I only fancy brunch and a light dinner. I'd got a little bit podgy anyway so it was no bad thing...

But since going cycling (and remember, we're only talking one occasoin) it's like a switch has been turned on. I've been really really hungry.

Physiologically, it's understandable, you use up energy, your body wants to replace it. But, for example, I cooked a pasta dish large enough to last me at least 2 meals, and I ate the whole lot non-stop, standing up in the kitchen without even serving it out of the pan!

I have just been pigging. I even got up during dinner to get a drink and managed to eat several handfuls of peanuts before I'd sat back down again!


So either I have to find a way of limiting this hunger or, heaven forbid, start doing more exercise.


Life is so unfair... *

*irony

9 Comments:

At December 04, 2007 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, Mr Piggy, so you proved us all wrong. You are a cycler extraordinaire (on more than just the flat)....able to cycle small parks with a single bicycle pedal push.
But....didn’t you go cycling only ONCE....5 days ago? Your “physiological” reasoning to this new-found hunger would be plausible if you were cycling daily, or perhaps second-daily....but carb-loading still 5 days POST foray into physical exercise? That just doesn’t fly.
Sounds like someone is going to need a gym membership or a bike for Christmas.
And check your TFT and stool MCS.
L
BTW – nice title

 
At December 04, 2007 4:51 PM, Blogger Suman said...

Well done L, you missed my point completely!

- I did a tiny bit of strenuous exercise last week (which I admit I am surprised that I survived)
- I'm STILL starving and can't stop eating, 5 days on.
- I'm saying, that can't be right?!

If this carries on, I either have to find a way of overcoming this desire to eat continuously before I become spherical, or I have to exercise again.

Neither of which sounds like fun to me.

 
At December 04, 2007 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just keep eating. christmas soon anyway.

 
At December 04, 2007 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

< hint >
You could always get together with Adam and finally release that new CD........
< /hint >

Or else fitnesS Club 7

:-)

 
At December 04, 2007 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! Be nice now Mr Piggy. I didn’t miss the point...I just didn’t explain myself very well. In my defence, it WAS 330AM when I wrote my previous comment (not everyone lives in the UK, my friend).

I was trying (very unsuccessfully, I admit now) to say that:
- Small amount of exercise 5 days ago +
- Still hungry now ->
- Can’t be due body’s need to replace used energy, so...
- Must be other reason...ie I AGREE WITH YOU!
(Hence TFT and stool MCS comment!)

Mmmm...what to do??
1) The Ab-King-Pro ad says you can miraculously lose 2 inches off your arms and 4 inches off your waist in only 1 week...starts to look convincing after 30mins of brainwashing...but you are anti-exercise
2) Prescribe yourself Leptin
3) Survive on a diet of water and celery. I hear you can do amazing things with celery these days
4) Embrace your new soon-to-be-spherical self! Wear a muu-muu!
Looks like you might have to start exercising...
L

 
At December 05, 2007 3:47 PM, Blogger bulc said...

Eat, drink and be fat.

 
At December 05, 2007 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you're eating for two.... been up to any naughtiness recently?

 
At December 06, 2007 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you got pregnant.

i mean... i don't know if you are hungry if you are pregnant.
but there still is possibility.

:)

 
At December 08, 2007 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come there is a discussion about you being pregnant? How is it anatomically possible????? And how would you even know you were pregnant (seeing as all the telltale signs would be absent)???

-Somewhere in SEA-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home