Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Bollocks

So, seeing as everyone else is full of Christmas cheer and I'm currently really fed up with pretty much everything apart from Christmas, I was going to go on a major rant about having to work & exams & being single & getting older, etc...

But, rather annoyingly, I just had a bit of a moment and realised that they can all be good things & I shouldn't grumble.


I'm working nights tomorrow - but that means that at least I get to see my family tonight & spend some of Christmas Day with them, and we can still do the presents thing, have a nice lunch together, talk all the way through the Queen's Speech... and by the time we get to that part of the day when everyone's tetchy and overloaded on turkey, I can say "Sorry, gotta go, see you in a few days." (Actually, I might try this next year too, even if I'm not on-call...)

Everyone at work will be in the same situation too - it might even be quite fun.

Exams... well, I gotta do them I s'pose. Anyway, I kinda enjoy being a bit geeky sometimes. And I love teaching, so I might as well make sure I know it all perfectly before trying to pass on the knowledge and hitting a wall.

My plans for where & with whom I was originally going to spend Christmas were very, very different, but sadly that all fell apart a little while ago.
Hey ho... things change all the time. What can you do, eh?

And we're all getting older...
So what? It doesn't mean we have to grow up ;o)


Have a great Christmas you guys.

And if you think you're having a bit of a rubbish time, have a look around and appreciate what you do have. You never know how long you'll have it for.

Right, enough psychobollocks - here's the awesome Xmas song I posted last year.

I love you guys.



Have a good one
-Suman-

(Now get off the Internet and go spread the love!)

2 Comments:

At December 25, 2007 1:26 AM, Blogger rj said...

Just before I get off the internet, I will spread the love!

Merry Christmas!!

 
At December 26, 2007 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, what exams are you sitting for? I got the impression from previous blogs that you were done with them for good.

-Somewhere in SEA-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home