Thursday, May 11, 2006

The most famous person I know

It's just occurred to me that I'm famous.

It's not a huge surprise - every now & then people come up to me to say: I love your songs, You're amazing, Please sign my breasts, I want to have your babies, etc... But everything was so gradual that it never really sank in that literally MILLIONS of people have heard of me. Own a piece of me even (albeit in digital form).

Last week, Sarah & I had lunch with "Imperial Hutchinson" who was team captain of Imperial Medics' University Challenge team this year. He made us get a table near the window in the hope that we'd be paparazzied and make it into Heat Magazine or something:

"Quiz Geek & Underground star spotted dining with mystery blonde..."

I let him down gently by pointing out that I am just a voice to the majority of people - hardly any of the fans know what I look like. When the London Underground Song took off, I never made it into the Evening Standard (I had to be at work during the photocall... grrr...), so the best I could do was Eastern Eye (The Voice Of Britains Asians), a weekly newspaper for brown folk. It's hardly the same thing.


Just now I sent an email to a radio presenter (if he replies, I'll tell you the full story) - he's been a broadcaster with the BBC for thirty years, hosted and been on numerous TV shows, had lots of books published, etc. But I reckon more people our age (ie young enough to use the Interweb) will have heard of me than of him.

Odd that....

So I guess the most famous person I know is Adam... meh...
(Then again, I've probably got his signature around here somewhere - better save that for eBay)

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2006 8:37 PM, Blogger Suman said...

OK

But the album will be some shitty compilation which originally came free with a magazine, that I'll get for 25p from a second-hand shop.

And I'll sign it using someone else's name.

Deal?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home