Sunday, May 21, 2006

Your Revision

I didn't watch the Song Contest last night.

But I did see a bit of Finland's entry... (which was handy, seeing as they won - saved myself having to sit through the rest. Bingo). I assume the rest of the entries were the usual awful dance numbers (bad rappers / girls in short skirts which get pulled off half-way through) and dreary ballads (by boring women in long robes or men with open collar shirts) - which is probably why the ever-so-slightly different heavy-metal-monsters-with-explosions act was the one that won.

I missed it because I'm doing night shifts in Expensive Scare.... I mean Intensive Care. Scurrying between one dying person being kept alive by a machine to another, trying to keep them all going simultaneously... a bit like those old style variety acts where some bloke keeps plates spinning on top of tall poles. If that kind of thing is before your time, then you've probably never seen a ventriloquist either. Shame on you.

I've got some more exams next week and I wanted to do some revision in the evening before my shift started, so I tried to sleep during the day.

Here's a tip: if ever you want someone you haven't spoken to in ages to get in touch, all you need to do is try and sleep during the day with your phone on.

Not one... but THREE people decided that yesterday was the day to ring me out of the blue "just to say hi".

Needless to say, without a decent day's kip, I was a bit grumpy later on at work. I think I may even have been hearing voices. I swear I heard most of my unconscious, comatose patients talking to me.

All of them in fact. Except the chap in bed 9.

Come to think of it, he used to be a ventriloquist...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home