Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Pain in the neck

I was working on Saturday night, so I got a few hours sleep on Sunday morning before I drove to London for a family friend's wedding. Must've slept badly because by the time I got there I had a really sore neck. I asked my Mum if she had any painkillers in her handbag but she didn't.

But the bride was a doctor. As were her parents. As were almost half of the guests (must be a genetic thing). So I asked around - particularly GPs and people using walking sticks - if anyone had anything to take away the pain. I must've seemed like such a junkie... or disgruntled ex-boyfriend.

In a room of about 300 people, NOT ONE person I asked had any painkillers on them.

What are the odds? *

I already keep a face-mask in my car boot (imagine having to give mouth-to-mouth to someone on the street and they smell dodgy!).
To that I shall add painkillers, just in case.

Better stay on the safe side, I'll keep a scalpel too.


( *figure of speech, not an actual maths question)

2 Comments:

At September 08, 2006 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have asked for the trade name instead of just 'painkillers'?

 
At January 05, 2007 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I asked for painkillers at a wedding populated by doctors I was given some tablets with a name I didn't recognize, but they made the rest of the event warm and fuzzy... Far nicer than brufen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home