Monday, November 13, 2006

House-warming

Studies have shown that, apart from death and divorce, moving house is the most stressful thing you go through in your life. Oh, I can believe that...

I thought I'd have finished over a week ago - I only just gave the keys back to my old place tonight. I am covered in dust, my chest full of the wheezes and have a car full of crap* that I couldn't bring myself to throw away (and that's after 2 carloads of journals & magazines to the paper recycling bins and 7 rubbish sacks of junk). And now I have to drive over to my new place, empty the car and tidy all the stuff away somewhere before I can go to bed! Gah!!


Can't wait to be back at work tomorrow, should be less stressful!

* Literally crap - some goit let his dog take a dump on Sarah's doorstep, which I stood in on my way out and didn't notice until I got into the car... grrr...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW The central heating in my new place is fully electric and divided into zones; I have no idea how to operate the frankly baffling controller - so one room is freezing cold while another is hot enough for CDs to melt.
Not funny but relevant for the title of the post.

1 Comments:

At November 18, 2006 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commiserations on the central heating. I'm sitting indoors with two jumpers and a coat on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home