Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Now what?

Front page news on the BBC website (for about 3 hours) was that MTAS has, unsurprisingly, been scrapped.

Which is great in some respects. No-one will get a job unfairly.
But...er... how will any of us get a job now?

The old way, of everyone applying wherever they want to work, means more application forms and more interviews! Arrrgh!

Should I still go to my MTAS interview tomorrow? Will there be anyone there? I hope so - I've spent ages making my portfolio look nice, the printing, the binding...

(Bugger. I've just realised it looks just like a restaurant wine list.)

6 Comments:

At May 15, 2007 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure most ailments could be treated with a selection from your wine list!

I think you should go - after all if you get something you want - that's great - if you don't then you reapply ...

Good luck either way.

 
At May 15, 2007 6:15 PM, Blogger Dr Joey said...

YEEEEESSSS! no more MTAS, I am very happy. But still worried that when I start FY1 in august there will not be very many seniors for the endless times that I don't know what to do...

I think you should go too, and as long as you haven't put your portfolio in one of those padded maroon leather things with plastic covers, it shouldn't look too much like a wine list...you could always include a page of wine and see if anyone notices!

Good luck!

 
At May 15, 2007 9:57 PM, Blogger Suman said...

Um...it's a black padded leather thing with plastic pages - totally different!

(Good idea about having a page of actual wines though...
... second cheapest house white please)

MTAS isn't dead, it's restin'...
(shagged out after a long squawk?)

 
At May 15, 2007 11:00 PM, Blogger Dr Joey said...

nah, if they hadn't nailed it to the perch it would be pushing up the daisies! it's an ex-MTAS!

black is much better than maroon, don't worry!

 
At May 16, 2007 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know its good news cos we're all taught to hate mtas at uni but any ideas what this means in terms of qualifying in a few years?

 
At May 17, 2007 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with the interview Suman - how did you get on and have you got a job in August?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home