Friday, May 18, 2007

Sad News

Nothing which will really bum you out, but enough to put me on a bit of a downer...

Was quite upset to hear that one of the professors who taught when I was at Medical School had died last week. Most readers will have come across Prof John Henry, who was probably Britain's foremost Toxicologist & Poisons expert, advising the government on quite a few high profile cases (... as well as answering Ali G's questions about drugs). He was a really nice man too & will be sadly missed by a large number of people.

Two weeks on, my car's still in Critical Care waiting for a new valve (or something).

Disappointment on the Funny Foot front:
Hello from Walls, Thank you for your recent E-mail.

Unfortunately, the product has been discontinued. You may find a few remaining items in store but Unilever has decided to discontinue the item due to low levels of demand. Please accept my apolgies for any disappointment that this may cause.

I suppose it is looking more likely that the job application system might become a little more fair - although the current solution of "we'll still give out most of the jobs our way, but we'll go back to the old system for round 2 to fill the last few training jobs and the remaining ten thousand doctors will have to look for something else" is not really there yet.

My interview went OK (although no-one even wanted to look at the beautiful wine list portfolio I've spent ages creating) - and I did get to see my mum for the first time in months & take her out for lunch afterwards.

And it is the weekend...

Oh well, mustn't grumble.

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2007 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP Prof Henry, he was a nice chap.

I'm glad your interview went okay :-)

 
At May 22, 2007 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for the loss dude. heard he was a good guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home