Sunday, July 01, 2007

Monitoring

Hmmm... my computer monitor seems to have had a stroke while I've been away this weekend.

Now only the middle third of the screen is working. Everything is stretched painfully tall & thin, with black on either side. I've had to shrink the screen down vertically as much as possible just to be able to read what's on it.

But now the working part of the screen is about the size of a mobile phone's, floating in a sea of black on the big monitor. I'm expecting its complete demise any moment now.

Can anyone recommend a decent (probably flatscreen) monitor I can replace it with?

(It's great having a blog sometimes)
-S-

8 Comments:

At July 01, 2007 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got one of these and saved a tenner because of the Google Checkout promotion. Looks like they're currently out of stock though!

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Displays/Monitors/TFT+15%22+and+Widescreen/15%22+Yuraku+MT5NB+Widescreen+TFT+16+ms+?productId=26954

 
At July 01, 2007 11:04 PM, Blogger Sugar Plum Scary said...

Check out ebuyer they have some great deals on at the moment. I have used them loads of times and never had a single problem with the product or their service.

 
At July 02, 2007 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's LG, 19" Widescreen, Free Delivery, and 2000:1 contrast ratio.

I have found other ones out there that are meant to be as good but for £134 I couldn't find a better priced display of this quality,

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/125736

[I provide no warranty or guarantee that you will like this as I don't own one - chickened out of buying a second display ... I didn't reeeeeeally need one]

 
At July 02, 2007 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's the monitor, and not just a raging hangover after a weekend of debauchery at a stag night?

 
At July 02, 2007 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you got your glasses on upside down again...?

 
At July 02, 2007 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sensible -
try it with another monitor, it may be the video card that needs changing.

Probably get me banned -

Didn't get a job after studying 4 years? Don't like MTAS? How does trying to blow up Glasgow Airport help?

 
At July 08, 2007 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

flat screens made by acer are pretty legit and pretty cheap too

 
At August 03, 2007 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aldi's are doing a 19" monitor for £129.99, well, our branch is any way

 

Post a Comment

<< Home