Saturday, February 09, 2008

Melancholy

Almost a lifetime ago...
... I was trying to make sense of friendly shapes that turned out to be called "Mum" and "Dad"

Half a lifetime ago...
... I was doing exams (at school)

A decade ago...
... I was doing more exams (at Medical School)

Half a decade ago...
... I was a qualified House Plant Officer, examining patients of my own

A year ago...
... I was in love

Half a year ago...
... I was in also love... (but with somebody different)

A month ago...
... I was preparing to go to Toronto

Half a month ago...
... I was already back...

A week ago...
... I was having a great night out, surrounded by mostly older people and really loving the music

Half a week ago...
... I was having a great night out, surrounded by mostly younger people who were really loving my music!

A day ago...
... I went to sleep worried sick about being the most senior on-call anaesthetist in the hospital

Half a day ago...
... I put someone sick to sleep (being the most senior on-call anaesthetist in the hospital)

An hour ago...
... I left work a second time, after going back with take-aways for my hard-working friends on-call overnight

Half an hour ago...
... I thought I'd post something simple before I went to bed!


'Night

7 Comments:

At February 09, 2008 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

half an hour ago...i was chatting to someone special
L

 
At February 09, 2008 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello@amateurtransplants.com seems to reject emails...

Mail delivery failed, bugger.

is there any other way to contact you?

 
At February 09, 2008 12:34 PM, Blogger MuppetMan said...

That's a great post Suman...

 
At February 09, 2008 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a very thoughtful and meaningful blog.A massive responsibility being senior anaesthetist on call. Good for you.It represents a massive amount of study, determination and hard work.Thank you for sharing your thoughts.Hope you had a good sleep and are able to have a relaxing weekend.

 
At February 09, 2008 11:18 PM, Blogger Suman said...

Thanks guys & gals

(anonymous #1, have another look here)

 
At February 10, 2008 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Putting someone to sleep is not the difficult part, it's waking them up at the right time that takes more practice...

 
At February 12, 2008 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really enjoy reading your blog... and your status updates!! are you still in love? i find it hard to believe you're not taken! keep posting and making us smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home