Sunday, July 22, 2007

Absorbing

Coo, it's a bit wet out...


I drove most of the way back from London without a hitch. Then I got to a flooded bit.

Traffic wasn't even crawling. People were parked. It took me over an hour to travel a mile and a half. I had to get home soon. I was starting a night shift in a few hours and I wanted a power nap before. At this rate I might not even get to work on time.

Was I stressed?

Hell no. I fished out my copy of Harry Potter from the boot and read a few chapters, inching the car forwards every minute or so. Lovely. Only spoilt by people in the other lane constantly shouting out asking if it was any good.


The eagerly awaited sequel to "Harry Potter & The Half-Price Blood" (or whatever) came out at midnight yesterday. Fans had been queueing for ages, days even.

er...why? I wandered into Tesco's at 1am and they had a mountain of copies & no queue.
I wandered out again though 'cos they were charging full price. Silly buggers - who's going to pay 18 quid when Asda down the road were doing it for a fiver?! I ask you...

The author, JR Hartley (or whatever), has let it known that two major characters die in the book. It's kinda obvious who it has to be, but I'm hoping she'll surprise me. Incidentally, she hasn't mentioned that a number of other less important characters die...

As for the plot - well, I'm going into hiding for a week. Normally, I barely watch any telly, instead I read dozens of blogs. But I can't take the risk now - someone's going to give it away. I can feel it.

For the previous book, I saw a youtube vid of people who drove past the queues of eager Harry Potter fans outside bookstores and used a megaphone to announce "******* dies" before driving off giggling; twistedly funny but inherently evil. Think of the children.


No, I'm not going to take any chances. I'll miss it, but I'm just going to have to avoid surfing the webnet for a bit.

(I will post in the meantime, but with my eyes half shut in case I see some Internet out of the corner of my eye.)


Right back to... er... work... (or whatever)


******* = Dumbledore. Oh sorry, I thought everyone knew.

3 Comments:

At July 22, 2007 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello darlin'

I went back to said tesco this morning to purchase HP and it was REDUCED TO £5!!!!

I have now finished the book and i can tell you who dies....

But i won't.

Thanks for everything by the way!

 
At July 22, 2007 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HP7 is goooooooooooooood

 
At July 28, 2007 10:02 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

I ordered mine from Amazon and was bitterly disappointed not to get it on the Saturday, but when I went out on Sunday there it was propped against my flat door. It had been there for 24 WHOLE HOURS!!! Anyway, I've finished it not, loved it, but won't give away who dies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home