Friday, August 10, 2007

Picture & Piano

At last... I can use my computer again.

My new monitor arrived this morning - it's not that I ordered it ages ago but the opposite - I kept putting it off 'cos I haven't been home much. I only chose one last night and I ordered it about 7pm (thanks eBuyer - bloody good service!)

So now I can see what's on my screen again without developing terrible headaches.

I've been away using my time off for various things (time off following a 90-hour week mind you - I'm not a skiver, I often don't get weekends off, etc).
Went to a friend's wedding which was great fun. We were waiting for the couple at the reception - suddenly the door flew open; there stood the groom proudly in his skirt kilt, his longish hair blowing in the wind, with his new wife next to him in her beautiful bridal dress, bouncing up & down, deliriously happy. Awww... It was a good night - first ceilidh dancing & then rocking out with proper cheesy disco. Exhausting though. How do bridesmaids have so much energy?


And I've carted my digital piano off to a few places (I'm really glad I chose a light one!) Played for some friends in what may have been the oddest venue of my life (so far) - a curry house. The other diners were... surprised to say the least. The curry house owners were just proud to have met a talented Bengali and tried to marry me off to one of their relations... As did the bloke in the kebab shop a week previously. Meh - leave me alone!

Also played for a huge international medical students' conference - it all went surprisingly well, given that a significant proportion of the audience didn't have English as a first language! Plus it was quite amusing watching their faces fall when I did rude songs and they slowly twigged one by one what was going on!


The Amateur Transplants DVD is out this week; and we will record the next CD soon and hopefully have it out in time for Xmas.

I'm back at work after the weekend, then travelling somewhere in September (as yet undecided - I still haven't found any charity/expedition work, so I'm tempted to just go on safari or something instead). I move house in October & start the new job in November.


So really, just about everything's sorted. That's nice.


Which is handy, given that the world has just crashed down around my ears...

3 Comments:

At August 10, 2007 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You played IFMSA? Oh man, I should have gone.

 
At August 10, 2007 9:01 PM, Blogger Dr Joey said...

what's crashed down round your ears?! sounds not so good...
also are there any tickets left for the fringe gig? my ward are trying to plan an outing!

 
At August 17, 2007 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you by any chance have a large plastic fish as part of your set at the IFMSA conference? I seem to have liberated one from somewhere that night and a friend said it may have been on top of the speakers...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home