Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Why 2k+7?

Happy New Year. And all that. Had a combination of the absolute best and worst Christmas holiday ever. Don't ask.

I'm just glad to be back at work.

There's a fine line between putting someone to sleep (as in giving them an anaesthetic) and putting someone to sleep (like the vet or the man in the special Swiss clinic does); that fine line was completely obscured by my first patient today - shwasbloodyenormous and a disaster of Titanic proportions (literally), waiting to happen.

The surgeon was not having fun. At one point he shouted "Right, that's it. Wake the patient up. Now. I want to tell her she's ruining my operation because she's too fucking fat." Aw, bless.

Another surgeon yelled at me a few weeks ago (he wasn't pleased that we diagnosed his first patient with a heart condition and cancelled her operation, simply because there was a large chance she'd die on the table - oh, sorry...). But we put on a Seventies CD during the next operation and he was dancing around (a bit) & singing along and forgot all about it! Sorted.

Simple creatures, Orthopods... Sometimes I wish I was one.
Or a squirrel.

6 Comments:

At January 03, 2007 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did fat woman make it?

 
At January 05, 2007 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

usually your blog titles relate to the blog itself, but i dont get "Why 2k+7"?
...maybe its just me
xxx

 
At January 05, 2007 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
your blog makes me smile, and saves me from the monotonous mountains of revision i have to do. =[
hel x

PS. is adam an anaesthetist too?

 
At January 05, 2007 4:39 PM, Blogger Suman said...

Yes, of course the fat woman made it. She lives to see another day. (From her sofa as she stuffs her face, no doubt.)

If you remember 7 years back, they were calling "The Year 2000" Y2K, so...

Writing the blog saves me from my revision too (only it doesn't, just postpones it a bit.)
(I haven't written many musical mnemonics, but I do have one about MH & Dantrolene to the tune of Dancing Queen - how sad...)

Adam's a gynaecologist - we've never worked together, but do you think any patients would trust us if we ever did?!

 
At January 05, 2007 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was discussing this with someone last night actually.

We had both only ever seen Adam drunk.

So we we ever trust Adam? (Well, my friend certainly would really need to, being a man and all).

So would I trust him? Hell no! That, and he takes the piss out of me...

Obviously, I'd trust you Suman- as long as you didn't do what we discussed months ago. Not i'd know about it anyway?!

Seriously though, I would trust you.

 
At January 05, 2007 9:49 PM, Blogger Suman said...

er... what?
(maybe you should email me Nikki...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home