Friday, January 05, 2007

Phoney

Last year, my mobile started lying to me.

I would receive say, a saucy text from my girlfriend, and the phone would tell me it was from one of my consultants.
Highly embarrassing as you can imagine
(I sent them a reply anyway. Things got a bit messy...)


But just over a week ago my screen broke suddenly for no reason* and Orange sent me a replacement the next day. Unfortunately the bastard SIM card refused to save any of my numbers so I had an empty addressbook in my new handset & I entered just the important ones straightaway.
And that's when the problems really kicked in:

- Sarah & her dad accidentally swapped phones for a day - awkward to say the least...

- I split up with Sarah sadly (but not because of the above);
now I think I've short-circuited the new phone because of our conversations since then (men are allowed to cry sometimes, shut up)

- my phone's 200 message memory is full already - I try to reply to each txt I get but I just can't win, someone always complains - friends, patients...

- I haven't got the number of every single person I've ever met on my phone... why does no-one bloody say who they are when they txt their whole addressbook on New Year's Eve?!


But my brother received the stupidest txt ever:
"This is my new number, please delete the old one"

That was the whole message.

WHO ARE YOU?! Idiot...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Incidentally, I tend to use a disposable camera because the one on my phone is unhelpfully stupid - when people tell me how rubbish my disposable camera is, I drop it on the floor and say "OK, do that with your camera then?". Thus I win.

Anyway, I can't find my disposable camera anywhere in the flat
er... I think I've thrown it away...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 Comments:

At January 05, 2007 9:46 PM, Blogger Suman said...

*after I dropped it

 
At January 06, 2007 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, sorry about u and sara :(

 
At January 06, 2007 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto that anon #1

Email me S- you know the addy.

 
At January 06, 2007 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really sorry to hear about your split :(

Yellow gay ducks called Ian are always trouble...

 
At January 06, 2007 8:12 PM, Blogger Rob said...

really sorry to that

 
At January 06, 2007 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you still got my no?

Are you ok? Call anytime

Josie x

 
At January 06, 2007 8:57 PM, Blogger *~Lisa~* said...

Sorry about you and Sarah :-( , hope you are doing ok.

X

 
At January 07, 2007 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure you're devestated, but will be cheered up that someone called 'nuclear crotch' will be there with a shoulder to cry on...

 
At January 07, 2007 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were too good for her anyway :-p

 
At January 07, 2007 4:48 PM, Blogger Suman said...

Oi, there's no need for that!

But thanks for your kind words - I only mentioned it so that you guys would know.
I'm coping, Sarah's coping, the world keeps turning...

Jerry's Final Thought:
Appreciate what you have because you never know how long you'll have it

 
At January 07, 2007 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about you and sarah, although glad to hear you're both 'coping' =]

and i can sympathise with you on the phone stuff. annoying isnt it?

hel x

 
At January 08, 2007 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe she didn't like this...?

http://amateurtransplants.blogspot.com/2006/10/put-down.html#links

 
At January 08, 2007 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not the best time for a break up, with Christmas, New year and 'test' preparation. Hope its going ok and you're not completely loopy. Good luck.

 
At January 09, 2007 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon 7, that's forgetting the dead mouse, the plastic flowers, and the laser pointer teasing of holly the cat.

 
At January 10, 2007 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Suman - if you need to talk, drop me a line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home